The School Day
We open our doors at 9am. and the Principal and Deputy Principal are on morning duty to meet and greet children and parents/ guardians each morning.
- School starts at 9:10am
- Fruit and vegetable break (a working break) is at 10am
- Small break is 11:05am – 11:15am
- Lunch time is 12:45pm – 1:15 pm
- Home time for Junior and Senior Infants is at 1:50pm
- Home time for 1st to 6th classes is at 2:50pm
Education welfare Act
Under the terms of the Act, all absences of children from school must be explained in writing or by email, by Parents/ Guardians. Although we appreciate a phone call, it is not sufficient for the school’s records. The explanation should contain the name of the pupil, the reason for absence and must be signed and dated by a Parent/Guardian. The school must retain all these written explanations for inspection by the Education Welfare Officer. If any pupil is absent for 20 days or more in any school year (September to June),the Board of Management and the Principal are compelled by law to report to Tusla and the Education Welfare Officer.